I am often described as an ideas person and always try to bring a new perspective to challenges. My guiding principle is partnership working and using a creative approach.
I have extensive experience of:
- Programme set up and delivery – including national and large scale change programmes.
- Helping organisations to innovate.
- Helping organisations to improve the experience of people who use their services.
- Supporting meaningful service user participation and co-design.
- Event design, marketing and delivery, including facilitation.
- Both sides of procurement – commissioning the work and contributing to successful bids.
- Communications, marketing and stakeholder engagement
- Designing leadership and learning programmes.
- Development of virtual and face-to-face networks.
- Writing web sites, guidance, case studies and features.
I have multi-sector experience, including recruitment, international conferences, healthcare, dental care, social care, research and charity, including:
- NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement (quality improvement, patient experience and engagement).
- South West London Strategic Health Authority (patient engagement lead).
- Croydon Primary Care Trust (head of communications).
- The Department of Health (delivery of a £multi-million procurement project).
- Dental Health Services Victoria (leading research programmes – Australia).
- Jean Hailes Foundation (women’s health events across – Australia).
- Institute International Research (designing international conferences and events).
- Manpower (recruitment).
I am MA² – I have one MA in Creative Writing and another in Gender, Society and Culture and a BSc (Hons) in Psychology. I also studied at the National Theatre Drama School in Australia.
I am a Board Trustee at Booktrust and was previously a Board Trustee at Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE).